(Dim Sum) HT Chinese
Hot Seafood Shellfish Pork Chi
Alcohol Hors d'oeuvre Starter Appetizer
China Asia Asian
1 teasp Dry Sherry
1 Egg White
1 teasp Cornflour
225g/8oz Shelled Prawns, chopped
4 Large Slices White Bread, crusts
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
2 tbsp Cooked Ham, chopped
Oil for deep frying
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sherry, egg white, cornflour, salt and prawns until well blended.
2. Preheat the oil to 180C, 350F. Divide prawn the mixture between the slices of bread and sprinkle over the sesame seeds and ham. Press the mixture well into the bread using the back of a wooden spoon.
3. Deep fry the toasts, 1 or 2 at a time, prawn side down until the edges of the bread turn golden brown. Turn and continue to fry until golden. Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper. Keep warm whilst you fry the remaining toasts.
4. To serve - cut each slice into 4, transfer to a warmed serving platter and serve hot.
More Chinese Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.