Red Cooked Chicken HT
Poultry Alcohol Main Course Dairy Free Eggless China
4 Large Chicken
1L/1 3/4pts Soy
6 Garlic Cloves,
4 Spring Onions,
cut into 2.5cm/1 inch
1 tbsp Cornflour
4 teasp Water
1. In a large saucepan, mix together the soy sauce, sherry, garlic and spring onions. Bring to a boil then add the chicken and sufficient water to cover. Reduce the heat and simmer over a very low heat for 35 minutes until the chicken is, turning occasionally.
2. At the end of the cooking time, remove from the heat and leave to steep for 30 minutes.
3. After this time, remove the chicken from the pan, arrange on a heated serving platter and keep warm.
4. Strain the liquid and remove any excess fat. Transfer 600ml/1pt to a saucepan and reserve the remainder for future use. Bring the liquid in the pan to the boil and reduce by half.
5. Mix the cornflour with a little water water then add this to the reduced sauce in the pan. Continue to cook until thickened.
6. To serve - pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle a few drops of sesame oil over the top. Serve hot or cold.
6. To serve - pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle a few drops of sesame
oil over the
top. Serve hot or cold.