Sesame Chicken HT
Hot Chi Poultry Alcohol
Main Course Dairy Free Eggless China Asia Asian
3 Boneless Chicken Breasts
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Dry Sherry
2 tbsp Maple syrup
2 teasp finely chopped Fresh Ginger
1 teasp Chinese Five Spice Powder
3 tbsp Sesame Seeds
6 tbsp Plain Flour
Salt and Black Pepper
1 teasp peanut Oil
Lettuce Leaves to Garnish
1 Tomato, cut into wedges to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Cut the chicken into strips approximately 2.5cm/1 inch
x 5cm/2 inch pieces.
2. In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, maple syrup, sherry, ginger and five spice powder. Mix well then add the chicken pieces and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes, turning once, to marinate.
3. Spread the sesame seeds onto a foil-lined baking tray and toast in the oven for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
4. After the 20 minute marinating time, strain the marinade into a small saucepan, bring to the boil and continue to boil for 5 minutes.
5. In a shallow dish combine flour, salt and pepper and use to coat the chicken pieces, shaking off any excess.
5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the chicken and stir-fry for about 1 minute each side. Add the marinade, reduce the heat and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
6. Remove chicken pieces from the pan, drain a little then roll in the toasted sesame seeds.
7. To serve - wash and dry lettuce leaves and use to line a serving platter. Spoon chicken on top and garnish with the tomato wedges. Serve immediately.
More Chinese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.r60m