Squid with Black Bean Sauce HT
Seafood Alcohol Main Course Dairy free Eggless
Capsicum (Sweet Pepper),
Garlic Clove, finely chopped
teasp finely chopped fresh Ginger
finely chopped Spring Onions
Black Bean Sauce
drops of Sesame Oil
1. Wash the squid and dry well. Open up the tubes and score the inside of the flesh in a criss-cross pattern with a sharp knife then cut into pieces about 2.5cm/1 inch squares.
2. Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil, add the squid and blanche for 1-2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain and dry well on kitchen paper.
3. Meanwhile, cut the green pepper into 2.5cm/1 inch squares. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the peppers and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the garlic, ginger, spring onions, salt and squid and continue to cook, stirring, for 2 minutes then add the black bean sauce and sherry and mix until well blended and heated through.
5. To serve - transfer to a warmed serving dish and sprinkle with a few drops of sesame oil. Serve immediately.
More Chinese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.r60m