Stir Fried Lamb with Noodles
Chinese MC 30mins
Chi Lamb Alcohol Main Course
China Asia Sian
100g/4oz Transparent Pea Starch
1 Egg, beaten
2 tbsp Water
225g/8oz Lean Lamb, shredded
300ml/10fl.oz. Lamb Stock
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
4 large Spring Onions, cut into 5cm/2
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
2 tbsp Dry Sherry
1. Bring a large pan of water to boil, remove from the heat, add the noodles and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat together the egg, cornflour and water. Add the lamb and turn well to coat. Drain the noodles thoroughly and set aside.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok until very hot and almost smoking. Add the lamb and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the soy sauce and spring onions to the pan and stir fry for a further 1 minute.
5. Add the stock and noodles, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the sesame oil and sherry and simmer for a further 1 minute.
6. To serve - transfer to a heated serving dish and serve immediately.
More Chinese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.r60m