Szechuan Chicken with Cashews HT Chinese MC
Chi Poultry Alcohol Main Course
2 Boned Chicken
1 level tbsp
1 Egg White,
2 tbsp Peanut Oil
Fresh Ginger, grated
2 Spring Onions,
2 teasp Hoisin
1 tbsp Dry Sherry
1 teasp Sesame
1 teasp Sugar
Skin the chicken and cut the flesh into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes then coat with the cornflour, shaking off any excess then place in a large bowl with the egg white and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan or wok over medium heat add the cashew nuts until they are a light golden brown then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
3. After the 30 minute chilling time, reheat the oil in the frying pan until very hot, add the chicken and stir-fry until firm and golden. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Reheat the oil again, add the ginger and onions and stir fry for 1 minute then stir in the
chili sauce, Hoisin sauce, sherry and salt, mix well then add the chicken pieces and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add the sesame oil and sugar, then stir in the cashews.
6. To serve - transfer to a warmed platter and serve immediately.
More Chinese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.r60m