Szechuan Chicken with Sesame
Cold Chi Poultry Alcohol Hors d'oeuvre Starter Appetizer
Dairy free Eggless China Asia Asian
2 Small boneless
Breast of Chicken,
2 tbsp Szechuan Peppercorns
2 tbsp Sesame
3 tbsp Chicken
Stock or Water
2 tbsp Wine
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
3 tbsp Peanut Oil
2 Chilies, finely chopped
1 teasp finely
1 Spring Onion
(white part) chopped
1 Garlic Clove,
2 tbsp Dry sherry
1/2 teasp Cayenne
1. Poach the chicken breasts in a little boiling water for 10-15 minutes until white and opaque.
2. Meanwhile, in a dry frying pan, toast the Szechwan peppercorns over medium heat, then crush them with a rolling pin or in a mortar with a pestle and set aside.
3. Remove the chicken breasts from the pot, drain and cool then slice them thinly and cut shred the slices into julienne strips.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the sesame paste and stock or water then add the vinegar, soy sauce, peanut oil, chillies, ginger, scallion, garlic, sherry, cayenne pepper, and crushed peppercorns. Mix very well.
5. Toss the chicken strips in this sauce, to coat and refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.
6. To serve - transfer the chicken to a serving platter and pile the lettuce leaves on another serving platter. Allow each diner help themselves, placing a small portion of the chicken on a lettuce leaf with their fingers and rolled up like a spring roll.
More Chinese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.r60m