Vegetarian Spring Rolls Veg HT Chinese
Vegetables Vegetarian Starter
Appetizer Hors d’oeuvre
China Asia Asian
For the filling
1 teasp Peanut Oil
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
1 teasp Freshly grated Ginger
2 Spring Onions, chopped
50g/2oz Oyster Mushrooms, chopped
50g/2oz Fried Bean Curd (Tofu) , chopped
50g/2oz Grated Carrot
1/2 small stick Celery, very thinly sliced
1 teasp Cornflour
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
12 x 125mm/5 inch square
1 Egg, beaten
Oil for deep frying
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok, add the garlic, ginger, celery and spring onions and stir fry until softened.
2. Add the mushrooms, bean curd and carrots and stir fry for 1 minute.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the cornflour and soy sauce. Blend well and allow to cool.
4. Place a tablespoon of the filling across the end of a wrapper, leaving a border of 1cm/1/2 inch on each side. Start rolling up the wrapper and when you get to 3/4 of the way , fold over the edges to enclose the filling.
5. Brush the remaining wrapper with a little beaten egg then continue to roll up the parcel. Repeat this process with all the wrappers. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
6. Preheat the oil to 180C, 350F. Fry the spring rolls, a few at a time, until golden and cooked through. Drain on Kitchen paper and keep warm whilst you fry the rest of the rolls. Serve immediately with a dipping sauce.
More Chinese Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.