Wonton Parcels HT
Makes 10 parcels Hot Chi
Pork Seafood Shellfish Vegetables Starter
China Asia Asian
225g/8oz Bean sprouts
1 large Spring Onion, thinly sliced
1/2 stick Celery, chopped
1/4 Small Cabbage, shredded
225g/8oz Shelled Prawns, roughly
225g/8oz Minced Pork
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
Vegetable Oil for shallow frying
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of the vegetable oil in a large pan, add the cabbage, bean sprouts, celery, and green onions and stir fry over a high heat until vegetables soften, adding a little water if necessary.
2. Add the prawns and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
3. In another large pan, heat 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil, add the pork and brown over a
high heat. Drain well using kitchen paper if necessary to remove any excess fat.
4. Add the browned meat to the vegetable and prawn mixture together with the oyster sauce, soy sauce, garlic, and salt and cook over a high heat stirring, for 4-5 minutes until well blended. Remove mixture from heat and cool slightly.
5. Place a tablespoon of the meat and seafood mixture (or more, depending on how large your wonton skins are) into the center of each wonton skin. Fold the wonton skin over to make a parcel and seal by dipping your finger in a little water and pressing the ends together.
6. Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan, add the wontons and fry until golden brown. Serve immediately.
More Chinese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.r60m