Almond Pine Nut Tart Recipe
CD DP 55mins
6-8 Hot Cold Vegetarian
teasp Almond Essence
teasp Baking Powder
1. 1. Preheat the oven to 220C, 425F, Gas Mark 7. Roll out
pastry on a floured work surface and use to line a 25cm/10-inch flan
2. Prick the bottom of the pastry with a fork, line with greaseproof
or parchment paper and fill with baking beans. Bake in the oven for
10 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool a little.
3. Meanwhile, place the almond paste, butter, sugar and almond
extract in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until
4. Add one egg at a time to the almond mixture, mixing well between
5. Add the flour and baking powder and beat until smooth. Set aside.
6. Place the apricot jam in a small saucepan, heat gently, stirring,
then spread over the base of the partly cooked flan case.
7. Pour the almond mixture into the pastry case, sprinkle with the
pine nuts and return the flan to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Reduce the oven temperature to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5 and
continue to bake for a further 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
Serve hot or cold.
End of instructions