Apples in Caramel Veg
HT DP 20mins
Hot Vegetarian Fruit
Alcohol Dessert Pudding Gluten Wheat
4 tbsp Calvados or Cognac
4 tbsp Double Cream
1. Cut each
apple into 8 wedges - no need to peel, and remove the cores.
2. Melt the butter in a large
frying pan over medium heat until foaming then add the apples, reduce the heat and cook
gently for 5-8 minutes, turning from time to time, until softened.
3. Remove the apples with a slotted
spoon and keep warm.
4. Sprinkle the sugar into the
pan and cook over a high heat for a few minutes, until the sugar starts to
turn golden brown.
5. Add the calvados and cream, mixing
well, and allow to cook, bubbling for 1-2 minutes.
6. Pour the sauce over the apples and