Apples in Red Wine
Veg CD DP Polish
70mins plus chilling
Polish Name: Jabka na Winie Czerwonym
Serves 4 Cold Vegetarian
Fruit Dessert Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless Poland
4 Apples, cored
4 tbsp Jam e.g. Plum, Cherry, Strawberry (check ingredients)
¼ teasp Ground Mace
240ml/8fl.oz. Red Wine
½ teasp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and lightly butter an ovenproof
2. Place apples in the dish and fill each with jam.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, mace, wine and vanilla then pour
over apples and cover with buttered aluminium foil. Bake for 1 hour.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool then refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.