Baked Chocolate Soufflés Veg HT DP 35mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Dessert Pudding
Gluten Wheat Free
100g/4oz Good Quality Plain Chocolate
3 Eggs, separated
100g/4oz Icing Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5 and lightly grease 4 ramekins with
some of the butter.
2. Break the chocolate into small pieces then place in a heatproof bowl together
with the remaining butter and set the bowl over a saucepan of boiling water and
melt, stirring from time to time.
3. Add the egg yolks and mix well. Remove from the heat.
4. Whisk egg whites until stiff, then add sugar and whisk again briefly.
5. Add a little of the egg white to the chocolate mixture to lighten it then add
the chocolate mixture to the remaining egg whites using a spatula or metal
6. Three quarters fill the prepared ramekins with the soufflé mixture, then
place them on a baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes without opening the
oven door. Dust with extra icing sugar just before serving hot.
Dessert Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.