Baked Plum Soufflés Recipe Veg HT DP 35mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Fruit Dessert Pudding Gluten Wheat
Butter for greasing
75g/3oz Caster Sugar plus a little extra
350g/+12oz Ripe Plums, stoned and chopped
3 Egg Whites
Icing Sugar to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease 4 ramekins with the butter
then place some caster sugar in each dish and shake so the sugar coats the
insides of the ramekins evenly. Shake off any excess sugar.
2. Place the plum flesh and half the caster sugar in a food processor or blender
and process to a puree. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg whites until stiff, then add the remaining
caster sugar and whisk again briefly.
4. Add a little of the egg white to the plum mixture to lighten it then add
the plum mixture to the remaining egg whites using a spatula or metal
5. Fill the prepared ramekins with the soufflé mixture, then place them on a
baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes without opening the
oven door. Dust with icing sugar just before serving hot.
Dessert Recipes | What's
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.