Prune Cheesecake Veg CD DP 90mins plus standing and
Serves 8-10 Cold Vegetarian Fruit Dessert
150ml/5fl.oz Red Wine
A piece of Cinnamon
225g/8oz Ready to eat Prunes
175g/6oz Plain Flour
A pinch of Salt
100g/4oz Butter or Margarine
2 tbsp Icing Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
2 tbsp Water
225g/8oz Curd Cheese
225/8oz Cream Cheese
2 tbsp Cornflour
2 Whole Eggs
The grated zest and juice of 1 Large Lemon
¼ teasp Vanilla Extract
3 tbsp Caster Sugar
150ml/5fl.oz. Double Cream
1. Place the wine, cinnamon, cloves and prunes in a medium saucepan and heat to
almost boiling. Remove from the heat, cover and leave to soak for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, place the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl, mix well then rub
the butter or margarine into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in the icing sugar then add the egg yolk and water and mix to a soft
dough. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5. Roll the pastry out thinly and
use to line the base of a 20cm/8-inch springform tin.
5. Drain the prunes, cut in half and remove the stones then arrange them on the
pastry base and set aside.
6. Place the cheeses, cornflour, eggs, lemon juice and zest, vanilla and sugar
in another bowl and mix very well.
7. Whip the cream until it just holds its shape then fold into the cheese
8. Pour this mixture into the lined tin, smooth the surface then bake for about
50 minutes until set.
9. Allow the cheesecake to cool completely before removing from the tin and
Dessert Recipes |