Veg HT DP Creole 15mins
Serves 4 Hot Fruit Alcohol Vegetarian Dessert Eggless Louisiana Nth
American North America
75g/3oz Brown Sugar
3 ripe Bananas, sliced on the diagonal
1/4 teasp Ground Cinnamon
2 tbsp Crème de Cacao or Banana Liqueur
60ml/2fl.oz. Dark Rum
Vanilla Ice Cream to serve
1. Melt the butter in a large frying pan, stir in brown sugar and heat gently
until the sugar has melted.
2. Add the bananas and cook and gently over medium heat for 2-3 minutes,
turning, until heated through.
3. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and stir in the crème de cacao or banana liqueur.
4. In a small saucepan, gently heat rum then carefully ignite and pour over
bananas, coating evenly.
Serve immediately with ice cream.
Dessert Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily.
Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.