A Weekday Menu Recipe
Bananas with Fudge Sauce Veg HT DP
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Fruit Dessert
Pudding Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
4 Large Bananas
1 tbsp Sugar
For the sauce
1 x 170g/6oz tin Evaporated milk
75g/3oz Soft Brown Sugar
25g/1oz Good Quality Plain Chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Peel the bananas, place in an
ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the sugar and bake for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile place the evaporated milk, butter and brown sugar in a saucepan and
cook over a low heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is
3. Bring the mixture to the boil and continue to boil for 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the chocolate and mix well. Keep warm
until ready to serve poured over the baked bananas.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.