Bedfordshire Pudding Veg HT CD DP
Serves 4-6 Hot Cold Vegetarian
Dried Fruit Dessert Pudding England Britain British
225g/8oz Shortcrust Pastry
1 tbsp Sugar
a little grated nutmeg
1 tbsp Raisins
1 tbsp Currants
½ tbsp Candied Peel
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5. Roll the pastry out to 6mm/¼-inch
thick and use it to line an ovenproof pie plate or shallow dish.
2. Heat the milk to almost boiling point in a saucepan. Meanwhile, beat the egg
in a heatproof bowl then add the sugar and nutmeg and mix well.
3. Pour the hot milk over the egg mixture, stirring continually, then add
the peel, raisins and currants and stir to mix.
4. Pour it into the pastry-lined dish and bake for 45 minutes. Serve hot
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.