Border Tart Veg CD DP
Scottish 50mins plus cooling
Serves 4-6 Cold Vegetarian Fruit Nuts
Dessert Pudding Scotland British Europe
225g/8 oz Shortcrust Pastry
2 tbsp Raspberry Jam
50g/2oz Soft Brown Sugar
1 Egg, beaten
125g/5oz Mixed Dried Fruit
25g/1oz Walnuts, chopped
25g/1oz Glace Cherries, chopped
100g/4 oz Icing Sugar
1 tbsp Water
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas 5 and lightly grease a 20cm/8-inch flan
2. Place the butter and sugar in a saucepan and heat very gently. Remove from
the heat and allow to cool.
3. Roll out the pastry and use to line the flan tin then spread the jam evenly
over the pastry. Set aside.
4. Add the dried fruit, walnuts and cherries, mix well then stir in the beaten
5. Pour the fruit mixture over the jam and bake for 25 to 30 min until the
pastry is golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
6. Mix the icing sugar and water together then drizzle or spread over the top of
the cooled tart. Allow to set before serving.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.