Caramel Pears Veg
HT DP 15mins
Hot Vegetarian Fruit
Alcohol Dessert Pudding Gluten Wheat
4 Firm Pears
4 tbsp Brandy
4 tbsp Double Cream
1. Cut each pear into 8 wedges - no
need to peel, and remove the cores.
2. Melt the butter in a large
frying pan over medium heat until foaming then add the pears, reduce the heat and cook
gently for 4-5 minutes, turning from time to time, until softened.
3. Remove the pears with a slotted
spoon and keep warm.
4. Sprinkle the sugar into the
pan and cook over a high heat for a few minutes, until the sugar starts to
turn golden brown.
5. Add the brandy and cream, mixing
well, and allow to cook, bubbling for 1-2 minutes.
6. Pour the sauce over the pears and
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.