Cardamom Ice Cream Veg CD
DP 25mins plus chilling and freezing
Makes approx 900ml/30fl.oz. Cold Vegetarian Dessert
1 tbsp Plain Flour
2 Large Egg Yolks, beaten
1 teasp Vanilla Extract
1 teasp Ground Cardamom
1 teasp finely grated Lemon Zest
240ml/8fl.oz. Double Cream
1. Place the flour and sugar in a large saucepan and mix well.
2. Place over a medium heat and gradually add half of the milk, stirring
constantly and cook until thickened and bubbly.
3. Place the beaten eggs in a large mixing bowl and slowly pour in about half of
the hot milk mixture stirring constantly.
4. Add the egg mixture to the remaining milk in the pan and cook over a medium
heat, stirring all the time until the mixture gets to boiling point.
5. Remove from heat, add the vanilla, cardamom, lemon peel and remaining milk,
mix well then transfer to a large bowl, cover with clingfilm and allow to cool.
6. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hour.
7. Once well chilled, stir in the cream then transfer to a freezer proof plastic
box and freeze.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.