Chilli Poached Pears
Veg CD DP 30mins plus cooling
Serves 4 Cold Vegetarian Fruit
Alcohol Dessert Gluten
Wheat Dairy free
720ml/24fl.oz. Red Wine (not too full bodied)
450g/1lb White Sugar
1 Red Chilli, halved and deseeded
5cm/2-inches fresh Root Ginger, sliced
3 Whole Star Anise
2 Cardamom Pods, cracked
1 Cinnamon Stick
4 Pears, peeled
1. Place the wine, sugar, chilli, ginger, star anise, cardamom pods and
cinnamon stick, in a saucepan, bring to the boil stirring then reduce the heat
and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Add the pears to the saucepan liquid and continue to simmer very gently 15
3. Remove the saucepan from the heat, leave it to cool then refrigerate until
ready to serve.
4. To serve - slice the pears in half and remove the cores. Very good served
with a refreshing sorbet.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.