Creamed Rice Veg
CD DP Venezuelan 65mins plus chilling
Venezuelan Name: Arroz con leche
Serves 4-6 Cold Vegetarian Dessert Pudding
Gluten Wheat free Eggless Venezuela Sth America South American
225g/8oz White Rice, washed well
2 Cinnamon Sticks
½ teaspoon of salt
A long strip of Lemon Peel
Ground Cinnamon to serve
1. Place the rice in a large saucepan together with the water bring to the boil
then boil rapidly for 7-10 minutes or until the water has almost evaporated.
2. Add the milk, cinnamon sticks and the lemon peel, bring to the boil then
reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Remove the cinnamon sticks and lemon peel, add the sugar, mix well and cook
for another 30 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add the salt and cook for 1 or 2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from the heat, transfer to a deep serving bowl, sprinkle with ground
cinnamon and allow to cool to room temperature.
6. Cover with clingfilm and chill in the refrigerator. serve chilled.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.