Veg CD DP Venezuelan 100mins
Venezuelan Name: Quesillo
Serves 6 Cold Vegetarian Fruit
Dessert Venezuela Sth American South America
For the Caramel
6 tbsp Sugar
For the Custard Pudding
600ml/20fl.oz. Sweet Condensed Milk
600ml/20fl.oz Evaporated Milk
1 teasp Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp Raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 150C, 300F, Gas Mark 2. Preheat Make the caramel by
placing the sugar in a small saucepan together with the water . Allow the sugar
to dissolve over a low heat then bring to the boil. Continue to boil rapidly
until it turns a medium golden brown colour then remove from the heat
3. Pour the caramel into the base of an ovenproof dish, swirling around the
bottom and slightly up the sides to coat then place the dish into a large
roasting tin and pour in cold water until it reaches half way up the side of the
dish. Set aside.
4. Place the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
5. Pour the batter into the caramel lined dish, cover with aluminium foil then
bake for about 1 ½ hours, maintaining the water level, until set.
6. Allow to cool to room temperature then chill in the refrigerator before
7. To serve – run a small knife around the edges of the pudding then invert onto
a serving plate.
Dessert Recipes |