Drambuie Ice Cream Veg CD DP
Scottish 20mins plus freezing
Serves 4 Cold Vegetarian
Alcohol Dessert Ices Scotland British Europe
100g/4oz Caster Sugar
6 Egg Yolks
210ml/7fl.oz. Double Cream, lightly whipped
3 tbsp Drambuie
1. Place the water and sugar in a small saucepan, bring to the boil then remove
from the heat and set aside.
2. Place the egg yolks in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water and
whisk until pale.
3. Add the sugar mixture and continue to whisk until slightly thickened then
remove from the heat and continue to whisk until cool.
4. Add the Drambuie and the cream, mix well then transfer to an ice cream maker
and freeze churn for 20 minutes or according to the manufacturers instructions.
Transfer to a freezer proof container and freeze until firm.
Alternatively, transfer to a freezer proof box and freeze until just beginning
to set around the edges. Beat well then return to the freezer until frozen.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily.
Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.