Eton Mess Veg CD DP
This dessert is traditionally served
on the 4th June at Eton College's annual prize-giving celebration picnic.
Vegetarian Fruit Dessert Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
500g/1lb 2oz Strawberries, hulled
400ml/14fl oz Double Cream
3 x 7.5cm/3-inch ready-made Meringues
4 Sprigs of fresh Mint
1. Place half the strawberries in a blender or food processor and process to a
2. Chop the remaining strawberries,
reserving 4 whole ones for decorating and break the meringues roughly into
2. Place the double cream in a large mixing bowl, whisk until quite stiff, then
fold in the strawberry purée and crushed meringues.
3. Add the chopped strawberries and
fold in gently.
4. Serve in individual serving glasses or dishes, garnished with the whole
strawberries and a sprig of mint.
Summer Recipes |
More Strawberry Recipes | What's
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.