Veg HT DP 35mins plus cooling
Serves 4-6 Hot Vegetarian Fruit
Alcohol Dessert Gluten Wheat free
675g/1 ½ lb Figs, peeled and quartered
175g/6oz Sugar (Approx)
3 tbsp Cointreau
Butter for greasing
Caster Sugar for dusting
4 Egg Whites
2 tbsp Icing Sugar
Cream to serve
1. Place the figs and the sugar inn a food processor and process to a pulp.
2. Transfer the fig puree to a heavy saucepan and heat very gently over a low
heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar has completely melted.
3. Remove from the heat, stir in the Cointreau, transfer to a large mixing bowl
and allow to cool.
4. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and lightly butter a soufflé dish.
Sprinkle castor sugar into the base of the buttered dish and shake well so the
bottom and sides of the inside of the dish are coated with sugar. Set aside.
5. Place the egg whites in a large mixing bowl and whisk to stiff peaks.
6. Pour in the mixture into the sugared dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until
well risen and golden brown. Try not to open the oven door during cooking.
7. Sprinkle the top with icing sugar and serve immediately (before if sinks).
Dessert Recipes | What's
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.