Veg HT DP 20mins
Serves 4 Hot
Vegetarian Fruit Alcohol Spices Dessert Pudding Gluten wheat Dairy free Eggless
2 tbsp Butter
4 Whole Tangerines
60ml/2fl.oz.Orange Liqueur e.g. Cointreau or Grand Marnier
1 teasp Ground Cinnamon
½ teasp Freshly Grated Nutmeg
1. Grate the zest from the tangerines and reserve, then peel the remaining skin
from the fruit and cut each tangerine in half width ways.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a small frying pan then add the sugar and
tangerine halves and cook over a high heat, stirring constantly until the sugar
starts to turn golden – about 3 minutes.
3. Very carefully add the liqueur as it may catch fire. Shake pan until the
flames die out, then continue to cook over a high heat for 1 minute.
4. Add the remaining butter, cinnamon and nutmeg and cook over a medium heat for
3-5 minutes, turning the fruit a few times. Serve sprinkles with the grated
More Dessert Recipes | What's
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. And for
Metric/imperial users, you can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.