(Unripe) Pumpkin Pie Veg HT CD DP 80mins
If the summer has been bad in your region and you find yourself left with unripe
pumpkins, try this recipe to use them up.
Serves 4-6 Hot Vegetarian
Vegetables Spices Dessert Pudding
450g/1lb Shortcrust Pastry
1.8kg/4lb Green (unripe) Pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into 6mm/ ¼-inch
225g/8oz Brown Sugar
½ teasp Freshly Grated Nutmeg
¼ teasp Ground Cloves
1 teasp Ground Cinnamon
90ml/3fl.oz. Apple Juice
1 tbsp Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, gas Mark 6. Roll half the pastry out to a
thickness of about 6mm/¼ inch and use to line a 20cm/8-inch flan tin.
2. Mix together the brown sugar and spices then sprinkle half the mixture over
3. Arrange the green pumpkin slices in the tin, pour over the apple juice then
sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture.
4. Dot with butter then cover with the remaining rolled out pastry, pressing and
crimping the edges firmly together . Make a hole in the top of the pie then bake
for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and bake for a further 35
– 40 minutes.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.