Kiwifruit and Banana Pavlova Veg
CD DP 50mins plus cooling
Serves 6-8 Cold Vegetarian
Kiwi Fruit Dessert Pudding Gluten
4 Egg Whites, at room temperature
200g/7oz Castor Sugar
1 teasp Cornflour
1 teasp Lime Juice
300ml/10fl.oz. Double Cream, whipped
1. Preheat the oven to 275F, 140C, Gas Mark 1 and line a baking tray with
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks then
slowly add the castor sugar whilst still beating until the mixture is thick and
3. Add the lime juice and sift in the cornflour and fold in thoroughly.
4. Pile the egg white mixture onto the parchment paper, spreading it out to a
depth of about 25cm/10-inches in diameter. Bake for 35 minutes until firm, then
turn the oven off but leave the pavlova in it with the door slightly ajar until
5. When ready to serve, peel and roughly chop the kiwifruit and slice the
bananas on the diagonal. Cover the cold pavlova with the whipped cream then
arrange the fruit on top.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.