Light Christmas Pudding
Veg HT DP 150mins
Serves 4 - 6 Hot Vegetarian Spices Dried
Fruit Dessert Pudding
50g/2oz Soft Brown Sugar
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp Self Raising Flour
100g/4oz Fresh Breadcrumbs
½ teasp Ground Cinnamon
½ teasp Mixed Spice
100g/4oz Ready to eat Dried apricots, chopped
50g/2oz Dates, chopped
1 Small Apple, grated
4 tbsp Brandy
The juice and grated Zest of 1 small Orange
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar then gradually
beat in the egg.
2. Add the flour, breadcrumbs, cinnamon, dried apricots, sultanas, dates,
carrot, brandy, orange juice and grated Zest and mix until thoroughly blended.
3. Well grease a 600ml/20fl.oz. heatproof pudding bowl with butter then turn the
pudding mixture into the bowl.
4. Cover with a large piece of greaseproof paper and a double layer of foil,
both with a centre pleat to allow for expansion and secure with string.
7. Place the pudding in a saucepan with sufficient boiling water to come just
below the rim of the basin and steam for about 2 hours until firm to the touch,
topping up with extra boiling water as necessary.
Allow to cool a little before turning out.
Dessert Recipes |