CD DP South African 20mins plus cooling
Serves 4-6 Cold Vegetarian Dessert
Pudding Tart S. Africa
275g/10oz Puff Pastry
1 teasp Butter
1 large Egg
2 level tbsp Cornflour
2 level tbsp Plain Flour
1 teasp Vanilla Essence
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6.
2. Roll the pastry out and use to line a 20cm/8-inch flan tin. Bake for 15
3. Meanwhile, place the milk and margarine in a saucepan and to the boil.
4. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar, eggs, flours and vanilla
6. Add some of the hot milk to the creamed mixture, mix well then pour it
back into the saucepan and heat gently until it thickens, stirring constantly.
Do not boil.
7. Pour the filling into the baked pie crust and allow to cool at room
temperature then refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon
just before serving.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.