Veg CD DP ACC CBF 90mins
Makes approx 12
Cold Vegetarian Desserts Accompaniment Baked Fayre
Biscuits Gluten Wheat Dairy Free
6 Egg Whites
A pinch of Salt
325g/12oz Caster Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 170C, 325F, Gas
mark 3 and line 2 or 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Place the egg whites and salt
in a large mixing bowl and whisk to the stiff peak stage.
3. Sprinkle in 225g/8oz of the sugar and
continue to whisk for 1 minute.
4. Fold in the remaining sugar .
5. Using a little under half of the
mixture, spread onto the parchment paper, forming thick circles about
7.5cm/3-inches in diameter and spacing well apart.
6. Transfer the remaining egg white
mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle then pipe 2 or 3 rows
around the edges of each of the meringue circles to build the rims of the
7. Bake for 1 hour or until firm
and dry. Cool on wire racks before using.
Fill with ice cream or soft fruit.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.