Nut Praline Chocolate
For the Syrup
50g/2oz Brown Sugar
2tbsp Single Cream
25g/1oz Chopped Almonds or Pecan Nuts
100g/4oz Caster Sugar
2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
90ml/3fl.oz. Milk (approx)
50g/2oz Softened Butter
¼ teasp Vanilla Extract
Whipped Cream or Ice Cream to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark4 and lightly grease a
20x10x5cm/8x4x2 inch loaf tin.
2. Make the syrup by melting the butter in a small saucepan. Stir
in the brown sugar and cream and cook gently, stirring constantly until just
3. Pour the syrup into the loaf tin and sprinkle the nuts evenly
over the syrup. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and
cocoa powder. Add the milk, butter, egg and vanilla and beat with an electric
whisk until well combined.
5. Gently pour batter over the syrup and nuts in the pan, place on
a baking sheet and bake for 25 to
30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
To serve - Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes then loosen the sides and invert
onto a serving platter. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.