Osborne Pudding Veg CD DP English 25mins plus chilling
Serves 4-6 Cold Vegetarian Fruit Alcohol Dessert Pudding
England Britain British Europe
4 thin slices of Brown Bread
A little Softened Butter
2 tbsp Orange Marmalade
90ml/3fl.oz. Double Cream
4 Egg Yolks
1 tbsp Medium Sherry
240ml/8fl.oz. Whipping Cream
Glacé Cherries and Angelica to decoration
1. Remove the crusts from the bread, spread evenly with a little butter and the
marmalade then cut into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Place the milk and double cream in a saucepan and heat until very hot but not
3. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar.
4. Once hot, slowly pour the milk over the egg mixture whisking constantly.
Strain into a clean medium sized saucepan and cook over a low/medium heat,
stirring constantly, until thickened. Allow to cool slightly.
5. Add brown bread, sherry and whipped cream to the slightly cooled milk mixture
and fold in gently. Transfer to a serving bowl, allow to cool completely then
chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
6. To serve - Decorate with Glacé cherries and angelica and serve with pouring
N.B. Another version of this is to make and bake it like a Bread
and Butter Pudding.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.