Peanut Pie Veg
CD DP 65mins
Serves 6-8 Cold Vegetarian Nuts
Sweet Tart Dessert Pudding
175g/6oz Shortcrust Pastry
180ml/6fl.oz. Dark Molasses or Treacle
4 tbsp Peanut Butter
3 Eggs, beaten
1 teasp Vanilla Extract
A pinch of Salt
50g/2oz Peanuts, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 220C, 425F, gas Mark 7 and use the pastry to line a
20cm/8-inch flan tin. Set aside.
2. Place the treacle and peanut butter in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
3. Gradually blend in the eggs and sugar, mix until smooth then stir in the
vanilla extract and salt.
4. Sprinkle the chopped peanuts evenly over the bottom of the pastry then pour
the peanut butter mixture over peanuts.
5. Bake for 10 minutes then reduce the heat to 180C, 350F, gas Mark 4 and
continue to bake for a further 25 minutes.
Allow to cool before serving.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.