Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the crushed biscuits
and nuts and mix well. Press into the base of a 20cm/8-inch
loose-bottomed cake tin. Chill for at least 1 hour until firm.
2. Place the cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat together. In
another bowl whip the cream.
3. Peel, stone and chop five of the plums, place in a blender or
food processor and process until quite smooth.
4. Add the plum purée to the cheese mixture, mix well then fold in
the cream, blending thoroughly.
5. Dissolve the gelatine in 3 tablespoons boiling water then add to
the cheese mixture in a thin stream whilst stirring constantly.
6. Pour the mixture into the tin containing the biscuit base and
smooth the surface if necessary, although the mixture is quite runny
and may well settle itself. Place in the refrigerator and chill for
at least 3 hours or until set.
7. To serve – slice the remaining plum and use to
decorate the top of the cheesecake.
End of instructions