Weekday Menu Recipe
Plum Crunch Veg HT DP English 25mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian
Fruit Dessert Pudding Eggless England British Europe
900g/2lb Plums, stoned
25g/1oz Granulated Sugar
175g/6oz Wholewheat Breadcrumbs
50g/2oz Demerara Sugar
Whipped Double Cream to serve
1. Chop the plum flesh into 1cm/½-inch pieces then place in a saucepan together
with the granulated sugar and water, bring to the boil, stirring, then reduce
the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until very tender.
2. Place the breadcrumbs and Demerara sugar in a mixing bowl and mix together.
3. Heat the butter in a medium frying pan, add the crumb mixture and fry until
4. To serve – place alternate layers of the plum and crumb mixtures in
individual serving dishes and top with whipped cream.
More Dessert Recipes | What's
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. And for
Metric/imperial users, you can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.