Veg CD DP 20mins plus chilling
Portuguese name: Crema Di Portogallo
Serves 6 Cold Vegetarian Dessert Gluten Wheat Free
6 Egg Yolks
4 tbsp Cornflour
100g/4oz Castor Sugar
The Juice and finely grated zest of 4 Oranges
Whipped Double Cream to garnish
1. Place the yolks, cornflour and sugar in a heavy saucepan and mix well with a
2. Place the pan over a medium heat and gradually add the milk, stirring
constantly. Continue to cook gently, stirring all the time, for 10 minutes,
until a thick cream is formed. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
3. Remove from heat, gently stir in the orange juice and zest then pour into 6
chilled glasses. Allow to cool completely then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
4. To serve - top each glass with the whipped cream. Serve chilled.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.