Quick Chocolate Cherry Trifle
Veg CD DP 25mins
Serves 4 Cold Vegetarian Fruit Dessert
100g/4oz Plain Chocolate, roughly chopped
480ml/16fl.oz. Cold Custard
4 Small Chocolate Muffins
1 x 400g/14oz Tinned Black Cherries, in syrup
Whipped Double Cream to serve
Grated Chocolate to serve
1. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water and stir
occasionally until the chocolate has melted.
2. Allow the chocolate to cool for a couple of minutes then stir in the custard
and mix well. Cover and set aside.
3. Cut each muffin into 4 slices then place half the slices in the bottom of a
serving bowl and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of the cherry syrup.
4. Cover with half the drained cherries, spoon over half the chocolate custard
then repeat the layers.
5. Chill until ready to serve then just before serving, decorate with the double
cream and grated chocolate.
Dessert Recipes | What's
in Season |
More Chocolate Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.