A Weekday Menu Recipe
Quick Rhubarb Charlotte Veg
HT DP English 25 mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Fruit
Nuts Dessert Pudding Eggless
450g/1lb Fresh Rhubarb, chopped
2 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Water
4 heaped tbsp White Breadcrumbs
50g/2oz Chopped Nuts e.g. Walnuts, Pecans, Hazelnuts
4 tbsp Demerara Sugar
1 teasp Ground Cinnamon
Whipped Cream to serve
1. Place the rhubarb, honey and water in a medium saucepan and cook over a low
heat for about 10 minutes or until the fruit is very tender, stirring from time
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan, add the breadcrumbs and hazelnuts
and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly until crisp and golden brown.
3. Remove the frying pan from the heat, adds the sugar and cinnamon and mix
4. To serve - Divide the rhubarb between 4 serving glasses, top with the
breadcrumb mixture and a dollop of cream.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.