Rhubarb Fool Recipe
CD DP English 30 minutes
Serves 4 Cold Vegetarian Fruit Dessert Eggless England British
This recipe for rhubarb fool is very simple to make.
You can use tinned rhubarb
if fresh rhubarb isn't available but whichever you use, the rhubarb purée
shouldn't be too sweet, so it's best to use less sugar than you would normally
use when cooking the rhubarb fool mixture.
350g/12oz Fresh Rhubarb, cut into 2.5cm/1-inch pieces
The juice & finely grated zest of 1 Large Orange
250ml whipping cream
1. Place the rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and grated zest in a medium saucepan,
cover and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes, stirring from time to time. until the
rhubarb is soft.
2. Taste for sweetness, adding a little more sugar if necessary then allow to
3. Once the rhubarb is completely cold, whip the cream in a large mixing bowl
until it forms soft peaks.
4. Fold the rhubarb mixture into the cream gently. There should be streaks of
white cream and fruit purée still showing.
Transfer to individual glasses or bowls and chill until ready to serve.
If using tinned
rhubarb for this rhubarb fool recipe, simply mash the rhubarb then proceed from
More Dessert Recipes | What's
| More English
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.