CD DP Greek 75mins plus chilling
Serves 4 Cold Vegetarian Dessert Pudding
Gluten Wheat free Greece Europe Mediterranean
A piece of Lemon Rind
1 Egg, beaten
1. Place the milk, water, salt, rice and sugar in a large saucepan, bring to
the boil over medium heat then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30
minutes stirring occasionally.
2. Add the lemon peel and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, for
another 30 minutes. The mixture should be thick enough to coat the back of a
wooden spoon. If it isn't, continue simmering for a further 5 to 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat.
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat the egg well then add a few spoonfuls
of the rice mixture to the beaten egg and blend thoroughly. Repeat a couple
times, then add the diluted egg mixture to the rice mixture and stir well.
Return to a low heat for a 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Transfer to individual serving dishes and sprinkle with cinnamon. Chill
for at least 1 hour. Serve cold.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.