Veg HT CD DP Canadian 70mins
Serves 6-8 Hot Cold
Vegetarian Fruit Dessert Pudding Eggless Canada Nth America
350g/+12oz Shortcrust Pastry
550g/1lb 4oz fresh Saskatoon Berries
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
25g/1oz Plain Flour
A pinch of salt
1 teasp Allspice
15g/½ oz Butter
A little milk
A little extra Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 220C, 425F, Gas Mark 7 and line a 20cm/8-inch pie plate
with ¾ of the pastry.
2. Place the berries, water and lemon juice in large bowl then sprinkle with the
sugar, flour, salt and allspice and gently mix.
3. Pour the berry mixture into the unbaked pie shell and dot with butter .
4. Roll the remaining pastry out into an oblong and cut into long strips no more
than 2.5cm/1-inch thick. Arrange the strips over the filling in a lattice
pattern, making sure you seal the edges firmly.
5. Brush with milk then sprinkle with a little sugar and bake for 15 minutes.
Reduce the oven temperature to 170C, 325F, Gas Mark 3 and bake for a further 30
minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.