Blueberry Pears Veg CD
DP 45mins plus cooling
Serves 4 Cold Fruit Alcohol
Vegan Vegetarian Dessert
Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
600ml/20fl.oz. dry White Wine (check manufacture)
4 whole Cloves
The grated zest of 1 Orange
1 level teasp Ground Cinnamon
4 Ripe Pears
1. Place all the ingredients apart from the pears in a saucepan, bring to the
boil, stirring and cook for a couple of minutes until the sugar completely
2. Cut a slice from the bottom of each pear so they can stand erect then add
them to the wine mixture, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes
until the pears are just tender.
3. Remove the pears with a slotted spoon, transfer to a dish, cover and
refrigerate until well chilled.
4. Return the wine cooking liquor to a high heat and boil for about 15 minutes,
stirring from time to time or until reduced to about 300ml/10fl.oz. Allow to
cool to room temperature.
5. To serve - stand pears in a shallow serving dish and spoon the sauce over the
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.