Weekday Menu Recipe
Spiced Orange Rice Pudding
Veg HT DP 30 minutes
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian
Grains Fruit Spices Dessert Pudding Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
6 Cardamom Pods, lightly crushed
The grated zest and juice of 1 orange
175g/6oz Pudding Rice
1. Place the milk, sugar, cardamom pods and orange zest in a small saucepan over
a low/medium heat and bring to simmering point. Remove from the heat and set
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan, stir in the rice and mix to
coat the rice on all sides.
3. Add the orange juice, bring to the boil, stirring, then reduce the heat and
simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the cardamom pods from the milk then slowly add the milk to the rice,
stirring. Bring to simmering point then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25
minutes, stirring often.
More Dessert Recipes | What's
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. And for
Metric/imperial users, you can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.