Veg CD DP Egyptian 20mins plus chilling
Egyptian Name: Al
Burtugal Wal Zabib Al Mutabal
Serves 4 Cold Vegetarian Vegan Dried
Fruit Spices Dessert Pudding Gluten Wheat
Dairy Free Eggless Egypt North Africa Nth African
125g/-5oz Granulated Sugar
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Cinnamon Sticks
½ teasp ground Allspice
1 tbsp Crystallized Ginger, finely chopped
3 large Oranges
1. Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring.
2. Add the sultanas, lemon juice, cinnamon sticks, allspice and ginger and
simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, until thickened.
3. Meanwhile, peel the oranges and remove as much of the white pith as you can
then slice into 12mm/½ -inch round slices then cut each round into halves or
quarters and place in a serving bowl.
5. Pour the sultanas and syrup over oranges, stir gently, allow to cool a little
then chill before serving.
Dessert Recipes | What's
More Egyptian Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.