Pudding HT DP
Serves 4 Hot Dessert Pudding England
Butter or Margarine for greasing
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
175g/6oz Self-Raising Flour
75g/3oz Shredded Suet
50g/2oz Caster Sugar
approx 6 tbsp Milk
1. Grease a 1.1 litre (2 pint) pudding basin then place the golden syrup in the
bottom on the basin. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, suet and sugar.
3. Make a well in the centre then add
the egg and enough milk to give a soft dough which drops easily from a spoon.
4. Pour the dough mixture over the
golden syrup in the pudding basin.
5. Cover with pleated greaseproof paper or foil, secure with string then
steam for 1½ - 2 hours. Serve hot with custard.
You can also use treacle instead of
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.