Sweet Potato Cheesecake Veg CD DP
Makes 1 x 22cm/9-inch cake Cold Vegetarian Dessert Pudding
For the base
225g/8oz Digestive or Gingernut Biscuits, crushed
For the filling
675g/1 ½ lb Cream Cheese
2 Egg Yolks
3 tbsp Plain Flour
2 teasp Ground Cinnamon
1 teasp Ground Ginger
240ml/8fl.oz. Whipping Cream
350g/12oz Cooked Sweet Potatoes, mashed
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and lightly grease a 22cm/9-inch
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the crushed digestive biscuits and
mix well then place in the refrigerator to cool.
3. Meanwhile, place the cream cheese, sugar, and eggs in a large mixing bowl and
beat until smooth.
4. Add the flour, cinnamon and ginger and mix well. Set aside.
5. Place the cream and mashed sweet potatoes in another bowl and beat with an
electric mixer until well-combined then add to the cream cheese mixture and mix
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Lower heat to 140C, 275F, Gas Mark 1 and continue to bake for a further 1
8. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.