Sweet Potato Pone
Veg HT CD DP
Creole Cajun 90mins
Serves 6 Hot Cold Vegetarian Dessert
Pudding Gluten Wheat free Louisiana Nth American North America
1kg/2.2lb Sweet Potatoes, peeled
2 Eggs, beaten
100g/4oz Brown Sugar
1 teasp Freshly Grated Nutmeg
2 tbsp Margarine, melted
1/2 teasp Salt
extra Brown Sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 150C, 300F, Gas Mark 2 and grease an ovenproof dish.
2. Place the milk in a large mixing bowl then grate sweet potatoes into the
3. Add the remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly then pour into the prepared
dish and cover with aluminium foil and bake for about 45 minutes.
4. Raise the oven to 200C, 425F, gas Mark 7. Uncover the dish, sprinkle with
more brown sugar and continue to bake for a further 15-20 minutes.
Serve hot or cold.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.